Thursday, January 31, 2008

...remember how we live in korea?

I've been thinking a lot lately and I just need to throw out an idea... What if, in a little over 10 months, when we leave Korea, Ryan, me and all my friends and family move to Santa Barbara where it's beautiful and warm all year long? ....Who's in? ....Brandon?

This week has gotten better, but on Monday and Tuesday I was ready to pack our bags and come home! We never would, but the thought of pulling a "midnight run" (sneaking out of Korea in the middle of the night) sounded pretty appealing Tuesday. Our week got better when we got a Valentine's care package in the mail from home, loaded with chocolate and microwavable popcorn, tortillas (on special request), etc.

..Overall our experience here in Korea has been good and we know it's good for us, but sometimes I wonder why we chose to be so far away again... in a place we'd never visited... for a whole year.... Other times it's great and Ryan and I laugh really hard.

We know it will get better and we can't wait for spring... my mom is coming to visit, it will be light out when we get off work and hopefully warm so I can take off my coat and mittens. it isn't snowing here, but it is really cold and I'm getting tired of seeing my purple sweatshirt and Northface in every picture we take. (see below)

5 comments:

miller family said...

we are just as cold and sick of the dark!! believe me, it is NOT any better here.
school has been closed for 4 days now. MEAD!!?!
i too wear a parka everywhere i go and a hat.

ready for flip flops and skirts!!!

miss you and love you!

Mom said...

Okay, I get it; the rooftops are Santa Barbara. At first I thought, Prague! :-)

You look good in your parka! (Maybe you could add the hat (for a change-up) that someone knitted for you! :-)

Darcy said...

Hey you two!
Love reading the new posts. I am so happy you are keeping the blog up. We are home with Lucia. . . she has charmed all of Spokane. Keagan said yesterday well everyone has met her except Janny and Ryan. . it made me so sad. She is going to love you two. She is so smiley. . . the happiest baby I have ever met. She just LOVES people. We miss you so much, and can't wait to talk. Love you!
Darcy

Shauna said...

Janny, I know the winters are cold in Spokane but please don't leave us here!!! It's lonely wihtout you! Plus Lucy Jane is worth the cold, Nick was even obsessed with her!! Right now I am looking at 20 inches of snow and wishing for spring too! I will be home all night if you get a break and can skype me, I miss you tons and agree with your mom that you look good in that parka. You are in Korea so Nick and I can visit- yay for squid!! Love you!

Kathy said...

So...if you don't want to buy the squid for dinner, maybe it could be used as a hat? Cool dreds. I had lunch today w/ your mom and Sophie...a wonderful time. I'm sad your mom is leaving this cold and snowy place for warm and sunny St. Croix. I keep you in my prayers; God will do wonderous things this year in your walk w/ Him. Love you and miss you!