Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Janny's Birthday! 26 in the US but 27 in Korea

A Kiely family tradition is getting a Hostess Cupcake in your lunch box on your birthday. My mom sent Janny a couple in our last care package. Janny happens to share the same birthday with our co-worker Sara. We had a mini party after lunch today.
Janny's favorite student Mimi made her a birthday heart. She is one of the cutest girls in the world. Wish we could take her home or that you could meet her. She's even more cute in real life.
We went to Whoopee's for Janny's Birthday dinner. It proclaims to be an Irish Pub, but it only serves Italian food. It's perched on a hill and has a great view of the city. We first went there with our friend's Megan and Curtis who we miss tremendously.
From left to Right: Rany's husband, Rany, Eva, Arin, and the Birthday girl. These are some of our favorite people in Korea. Rany and Arin used to work at Wonderland, until they wised up and got out of there. They are currently studying for the rigorous public school exams so they can be teachers in the public school system. Eva still works at Wonderland- she's great.




Janny got some great presents: A raspberry rice wine set, cookies, and cards.
View from the restaurant- Woobang Tower
Rany and her husband

11 comments:

McMurrays said...

Happy Birthday sweet Janny. You look really happy in all the pictures I am so thankful for that! The McMurrays are so glad God created you 27 years ago . . our life is forever blessed because of you! We love you more than you know!
Darcy

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking of you all day and wishing you a happy birthday in my heart! How fun to see what you did today (our yesterday). It looks like you are loving life, and Ryan and everything and everyone that God brings your way! Love you so much!
Heidi

Anonymous said...

hahaha~ my husband looks pathetic..
It was soooooooo fun yesterday..
Glad that you liked the wine~

I am Blessed to know you guys.

See you around~

Mom said...

So glad you and Ryan have new friends to celebrate with in Korea. Looks like a happy birthday!

Love,
Mom & Dad

Keith and Meghan said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Unknown said...

Janny, I was thinking about your birthday two nights ago when I went to the Yell Off with Landon (he is the new RD in Stewart). I was remembering how Liz made me do the yell off so that you would do it too so that she could decorate your room for your birthday. We were so TC. I hope your birthday in Korea was equally exciting and less embarrassing. You two come home soon! We miss you. Sarah

The Boggs Family said...

Happy (belated) Birthday, Janny! I agree iwth Darcy, you do look so happy in all of the pics -- nice job taking photos, Ryan! You two are such a dang good lookin' couple!!! When do you come back to the states? We miss seeing you guys at church & around town - still remember running into you at B&R's when you were just dating. Isn't it crazy how much has happened in your lives in such a short amount of time? Blessings to you both... ~Katie & Ken

jonesfamily said...

Happy Birthday to you too!!! I just opened my blog to make an attempt to update it and there was a comment from you! I was so excited. I thought of you many times on your birthday and kept meaning to get to the computer to email you and didn't. But, HAPPY BIRTHDAY (just a few days late!)!!! I miss you and am excited to celebrate your next birthday back here in the states!!!
Love you both!
Julie

Kathy said...

Hi you two! I am so glad to see you both again....you both look great! Janny, I'm so glad you're back to good health and had a fun birthday. I keep up w/ your lives via Mom Kiely and keep you in my prayers always. Can't wait to see your faces again! love you both so much......vice-mom

Keith and Meghan said...

Rumor has it you'll be back on American soil this month!!! That is wonderful news :) I think of you guys often and hope that I can hear all the stories from your time in Korea----soon! In fact we were JUST thinking of Ryan this weekend at the Jason Mraz concert and gave a little shout out on our blog. HOpe all is well :)
Meghan

Anonymous said...

Making money on the internet is easy in the undercover world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat seo software[/URL], It's not a big surprise if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses alternative or not-so-known ways to build an income online.