Saturday, December 29, 2007

We've been here 3 weeks already!


WE FINALLY HAVE OUR COMPUTER CORD!!
We've been in Daegu, South Korea for 3 weeks now, almost one of twelve months!!
I don't know where to start, so much has happened... We left Seattle on Saturday, December 9th and arrived in Daegu on Monday, December 11th. Mr. Ban, our director picked us up from the airport and took us straight to our school to meet the other teachers. Afterwards he dropped us off at our hotel, where we stayed for our first week. By dinner we were really hungry, but obviously had no idea where to go or what to eat. We started walking down the street from our hotel and found a little Korean restaurant. The server didn’t’ know English, so we got out Franklin, our trusty electronic translator to help us order. We were pretty sure we ordered chicken and rice (tak & bop) and were so excited to have food in our stomachs! Once it arrived we realized that our days of boneless, skinless chicken breast were probably over for the next year… we’re pretty sure it was chicken gizzard in the spiciest sauce we'd ever tasted!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hi Janny and Ryan,

I think you're missing all my comments during my multiple attempts to figure out how the posting process works. I'd try to rewrite them, if only I could remember! (There was something about Ryan's beady-eyed lunch and needing a second picture for proof! You guys are going to have to show me how to eat those shrimp.)

Anyway, I love your blog!

:-) Mom